A Pennsylvania police officer came in contact with a powdery substance while searching a suspect's car over Memorial Day weekend, resulting in an accidental overdose. When that officer went inside of the suspect's vehicle looking for the suspect's wallet and opened the console, a powdery substance went up into the air. The officer turned around and started walking back toward his vehicle. He was dizzy and felt his heart racing. The officer then went down on one knee feeling like he was going to pass out.
The paramedics were already on their way to the accident scene. Once they arrived, they gave the officer two doses of Narcan and sent him to Forbes Regional Hospital where he was treated for a few hours before being released.
It is unclear whether the powder the officer came in contact with was heroin or fentanyl.